Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Musical Timeline/Biography

My Musical Timeline/Biography

I came into this world in May of 1984 and throughout my life music has been key part of it. From the time I was just a kid listening to whatever my parents were listening to, up to my teenage years when I started to get into music my friends were listening to or what I heard on the radio, and to the very broad musical tastes today that I have(not trying to brag). So now I give you a timeline of music in my life and hope you like.

Tweed

Years: 1984-89 Age: 0-5 Bands/Albums I Heard My Parents Listening To:

Def Leppard- Hysteria, Boston-Boston, Billy Squire-Don’t Say No, and Bee Gee’s- Saturday Night Fever

Years: 1990-96 Age: 6-12 Bands/Albums I Heard My Ma Listening To Or I Heard On The Radio:

By the 90’s my parents had split and my brother and I lived with our ma in Florida and so I listened to the music that my ma liked and what I remember hearing on the radio at the time.

Phil Collins-No Jacket Required, Sting-Fields of Gold: The Best of Sting 1984-94, Seal-Seal II, Fleetwood Mac- Rumours, and a slew of cheesy 90’s pop songs and one-hit wonders.

Years: 1997-2002 Age: 13-18 Bands I Liked/Got Into:

As I reached my teenage years I started to get into my own music or music that my friends recommended to me. These are some of the bands and albums that I really liked and had a lasting impact on me.

311-311, Nirvana-In Utero, Foo Fighters-The Colour and The Shape, Korn-Life is Peachy, Deftones-Around The Fur, Incubus-Make Yourself, Rage Against the Machine-Evil Empire, Green Day-Dookie, Red Hot Chili Peppers- Blood Sugar Sex Magik

Years: 2003-08 Age: 19-24 Bands I Liked/Got Into:

As I left my teenage years and entered my early 20’s I started to get into heaver music such as metal and hardcore and I also started to get into indie and “emo” music. These are some of the bands and their albums that I enjoyed and still do to this day that I got into in this era of my life.

Sick of it All-Call to Arms, Fear Factory-Obsolete, Eighteen Visions- Vanity, Every Time I Die-Hot Damn!, Unearth- The Stings Of Conscience, Underoath-The Changing of Times, Norma Jean- Bless The Martyr & Kiss The Child, It Dies Today- The Caitiff Choir, Dead Poetic-New Medicines, Senses Fail-Let it Enfold You, Thursday-Full Collapse, GlassJaw-Worship and Tribute, Taking Back Sunday-Tell All Your Friends, Hopesfall-A Types, Lamb of God-As The Palaces Burn, Throwdown-Haymaker, Poison The Well-Tear From the Red, Chimaira- Pass Out of Existence, Emery-The Weak’s End, He Is Legend-I Am Hollywood, Modest Mouse- Good News For People Who Love Bad News, Minus the Bear-Menos El Oso, The Appleseed Cast-Peregrine, Placebo-Sleeping With Ghosts, mewithoutYou-A to B Life, Falling Up-Crashings

Years: 2009-Present. Age:25-Current Bands/Artists I Got into:

As I have moved into my mid-20’s and move into my late 20’s my musical taste has gotten even broader as I got into jazz, blues, classic and outlaw country, classical, baroque, thrash metal, early hardcore punk and other various styles of music and I sure as I get older I will keep finding many different styles music that I will like and here are some bands/artists that I have really gotten into and their key songs or albums that have had the biggest impact on me.

Johnny Cash-At Folsom Prison, Waylon Jennings-Honky Tonk Heroes, Hank Williams-40 Greatest Hits, Hank III-Straight To Hell, The Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band- The Whole Fam Damnily, Blind Blake- Ragtime Guitar's Foremost Fingerpicker, Scott Joplin-“Maple Leaf Rag”, “The Entertainer”, and “Fig Leaf Rag”, Louis Armstrong-“Potato Head Blues”, “West End Blues”, “It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Ain't Got That Swing)”, and “Drop Me Off At Harlem”, John Coltrane- Cannonball and Coltrane(with Cannonball Adderley), Charlie Parker-Charlie Parker with Strings, Miles Davis-Kind of Blue, Dave Brubeck Quartet-Time Out, Art Tatum-Piano Starts Here, Chopin-“Etude #8 In F, Op. 10/8”, “Etude #3 In E, Op. 10/3, "Tristesse" ”, and “Etude #12 In C Minor, Op. 10/12, "Revolutionary" “, Bach-“ Suite for Orchestra No. 3 in D Major Air”, “Concerto for Violin, Strings, and Basso Continuo No. 1 in A Minor”, and “Trio Sonata for Organ No. 4 in E Minor Andante”, Mozart-“ Clarinet Concerto in A, 2nd movement”, Beethoven-“ Symphony #3 In E Flat, Op. 55, "Eroica"” ,B.B. King-Playlist Plus, Buddy Guy- Drinkin' TNT & Smokin' Dynamite (with Junior Wells), Charley Patton-Pony Blues, Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon, Led Zeppelin-Houses of the Holy, The Smiths-The Very Best of, Minor Threat-First 2 7’’s, Bad Brains-Bad Brains, Emmure-Felony, The Acacia Strain-The Dead Walk, Between the Buried and Me-Alaska, Born of Osiris- The New Reign, Testament-First Strike Still Deadly, Overkill-Taking Over, Pantera-Far Beyond Driven, Exodus-Tempo of the Damned, Opeth-Damnation, Nevermore-Dreaming in Neon Black, Circa Survive-Juturna, Explosions in the Sky- The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place, Foals-Antidotes

No comments:

Post a Comment