Monday, January 31, 2011

REVEREND PEYTON’S BIG DAMN BAND

When the Big Damn Band posted on twitter “Come see us February 4th in Springfield, IL” my response was simply “ok”. After that I told Tweed, and we started to discuss plans to make it happen. I saw them in Chicago this summer, and couldn’t wait for the chance to see them again. Tweed found out it is only $8 and at a bar in Springfield, and that made me even more excited.















(Reverend Peyton, July 2010, Chicago Warped Tour)

Maybe we will put up a review of the show afterward and tell you how it is, but I’m certain they won’t disappoint. At the show this summer instead of “the wall of death” Rev. Peyton split the crowd down the middle and threw a stuffed bear in the middle. The goal was to be the first to grab the bear and tear it in as many pieces as possible. Who does that shit? ……..Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band.

My top 10 Big Damn Band songs:

10. Redbuds

9. Long Gone

8. DT’s or the Devil

7. What Go Around Come Around

6. Sugar Creek

5. Mama’s Fried Potatoes

4. Your Cousin’s on Cops

3. Clap Your Hands

2. Born Bred Corn Fed

1. Worn Out Shoe

- Daniel



No comments:

Post a Comment