Monday, December 7, 2009

Funny People Soundtrack


Let me start off by saying the soundtrack to Judd Apatow's Funny People is WAY better than the movie. I'm a huge fan of almost all of Apatow's flicks, but this one didn't really do it for me (probably because Adam Sandler post-1999 was in it.) I downloaded this cd first of all because I absolutely loved Keep Me In Your Heart by Warren Zevon upon hearing it in the film. After discovering that McCartney, Plant, Diamond, and some others were on it I just went ahead and downloaded the entire record. It was well worth it.

I love that Paul, Ringo, and John have songs on the disc, but no official Beatles song were in the movie. The solo projects are great, and Zeppelin's Robert Plant didn't disappoint either with "All The King's Horses". If all of those legendary acts weren't enough they threw in Apatow's daughter Maude singing Memory from Cats.

Overall it's a great album and this led to me downloading more Warren Zevon, which is always a good thing.

- Daniel



  1. "Great Day" by Paul McCartney (2:08)
  2. "Wires" by Coconut Records (2:26)
  3. "All the King's Horses" by Robert Plant and the Strange Sensation (4:19)
  4. "Carolina In My Mind (Live)" by James Taylor (4:58)
  5. "Keep Me In Your Heart" by Warren Zevon (3:27)
  6. "Real Love" by Adam Sandler (4:56)
  7. "We (Early Take)" by Neil Diamond (4:11)
  8. "Jesus, Etc. (Live Summer '08)" by Wilco feat. Andrew Bird (4:01)
  9. "George Simmons Soon Will Be Gone" by Adam Sandler (2:15)
  10. "I Am Young" by Coconut Records (3:07)
  11. "Memory" by Larry Goldings & Maude Apatow (3:53)
  12. "Numb As A Statue" by Warren Zevon (4:07)
  13. "Photograph" by Ringo Starr (3:58)
  14. "Watching the Wheels (Acoustic Demo)" by John Lennon (3:06)

No comments:

Post a Comment